How Can We Help?
Gathering MyHeritage Data
Once you have installed the application, logged in, and set up your database location and name, click on GATHER at the top of the screen.
On the GATHER screen you will choose which DNA Profile as well as which kinds of data to collect for that profile. There are basic steps to gather MyHeritage data: 1. login to Ancestry, 2. select a profile ; 3. set gather options to choose which data for which matches to gather in the current session. An optional step that speeds up the first gather is also available.
There are also options for clearing previously gathered data; running reports that update previous .csv data files, and for synchronizing (uploading) data to Genetic.Family.com. For details on each step. See the Step by Step: Details if you need additional information
MyHeritage data are among the most challenging to gather because they offer the most data and because MyHeritage enforces a pause of almost a minute between each match gathered
For additional information about these steps, see Step by Step Details: MyHeritage.
- Login to MyHeritage.com via DNAGedcom.
- Preload Match and Segment ZIP files exported from MyHeritage.com.
- .Choose a profile to gather.
- Set gather options.
- set cM range.
- set Gather ICW.
- set Gather Triangulation.
- set Gather Trees.
- set Gather Ethnicity.
- Click Gather DNA Data to gather data and write CSV files.
- Cancel a Gather (optional, only green when active, saves collected data to database).
- Updating options
- Run Report any time you want to generate reports (CSV files)from the database without gathering.
- Use Clear to purge data from database before a regather, i.e. fresh start.
- Optional features
- Sync to Genetic.Family.com
- For Genome Mate Pro (GMP) users, a unique ID is assigned to downloads